Terms and conditions
- This Site is maintained by Danone to provide Users with an avenue to receive and exchange information as well as communicate with each other. Please feel free to browse this Site.
- The Site and its content (which includes, but is not limited to, information, advice, recommendations, letters, messages, comments, posts, text, graphics, software, music, sound, photographs, videos, data and other materials, collectively referred to as "Content") are designed to comply with Singapore laws and regulations and are intended for use by persons residing in Singapore. Danone makes no representation that any information contained in this Site is relevant or appropriate to persons residing in other locations.
- This Site offers you the option of viewing information about the Danone range of formula milks. If you choose to view this information, you are accepting that Danone is supplying this information at your individual request for informational purposes.
- Once you have completed the membership registration process at this Site, you would have specified a username and a password. You must ensure that you keep your username and password in a safe and secure place and that you do not disclose them to anyone. You will be fully responsible for all activities which occur under your username and password. It is your responsibility to immediately notify us of any unauthorised use of your username and password or any other breach of security as soon as you become aware of it. We reserve the right to require members to amend their usernames and passwords if necessary for security reasons.
- All accounts must be registered with a valid personal email address that you access regularly so that notification emails can be sent to you. Accounts registered with someone else’s email address, or with temporary email addresses, may be closed without notice. We may require Users to re-validate their account if we believe they have been using an invalid email address. We reserve the right to close accounts if any User is seen to be using proxy IPs (Internet Protocol addresses) in order to attempt to hide the use of multiple Danone accounts, or if a non-Singapore-based User pretends to be a Singapore-based User, or disrupts any of our services in any way.
- Use of this Site is at your own risk. Danone and/or its affiliated companies make no representations about the suitability of the information contained in this Site for any purpose. Neither Danone nor any other party involved in creating, producing or delivering the Site is liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect or punitive damages, whether in an action of contract, negligence or other tortious action, arising out of your access to, or use of, the Site. This includes damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the Site is provided to you 'as is' without any warranties as to merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement.
- The copyright to the Content of this Site belongs to Danone. Users may download materials for their own personal, non-commercial use, provided all copyright and other proprietary notices are kept intact. The copying, redistribution, re-posting, publication, adaptation or alteration of any part of this Site for any public or commercial purposes is prohibited without written prior permission from Danone. When you transmit or post any material to or on this Site, you grant to us non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, fully sub-licensable royalty free license under your copyright and other intellectual property rights to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from or display or distribute that material worldwide via the Site, or in any way without any duty at all to account to you. You acknowledge that you are responsible for any material posted on the Site. This means that you (and not we) have full responsibility for the material submitted, including its legality, reliability, appropriateness, and ensuring that it does not breach anyone's intellectual property rights or is used in breach of confidence.
- The trademarks, logos, characters and service marks (collectively the "Trademarks") displayed on the Site are registered or unregistered trademarks of Danone. Nothing contained in this Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right in and to the Trademarks without the express written permission of Danone. Your use of the Trademarks and Content of the Site, except as provided in these Terms and Conditions, is strictly prohibited. You are advised that Danone will aggressively enforce its intellectual property rights in its Trademarks, the Site and its Content to the fullest extent of the law, including seeking criminal sanctions.
- A variety of Content is available on the Site. Some of the Content is provided by Danone and other Content is provided by Users, such as User opinions and views provided via question or answer posts. Danone strives to keep the Content that we post on the Site accurate, complete, and up-to-date, but we cannot guarantee, and are not responsible for, the accuracy, integrity, quality, completeness, timeliness or that it will not be objectionable to you, of any Content whether provided by ourselves or by Users. In order to ensure everyone can get the most out of this Site please read and abide by our Expected Code of Conduct (as set out below).
- Images of people or places displayed on the Site are either the property of, or used with permission by, Danone. The use of these images by you is prohibited unless specifically permitted by these Terms and Conditions or by specific permission elsewhere on the Site. Unauthorised use of images may violate copyright, trademark and/or publicity laws as well as communications regulations and statutes.
- If you wish to bring to our attention any unlawful activity associated with any Content that has been posted by another User or otherwise available on this Site, please use the ‘Flag As Abuse’ link found on any page which contains the Content supplied by Users to file a complaint with us.
- The Content presented in this Site or provided by our Careline personnel is provided with the understanding that neither Danone nor its Users are engaged in rendering medical, counselling, legal or other professional services or advice. The Content in this Site or provided by our Careline personnel is available for informational purposes and it is not intended as medical or healthcare advice nor is it intended as a substitute for professional advice relative to a specific condition or questions you may have regarding a medical condition or legal problem. Always seek the advice of your general practitioner, paediatrician or other qualified healthcare professional regarding any medical condition before starting any new treatment.
- Danone advises that you never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example: telephone number, postal address, home address or email address, or any other details that would allow you to be personally identified) in any Danone community. Danone is not responsible for any subsequent actions or events resulting from such personal information being voluntarily revealed by you.
- This Site may contain links to other sites. Danone is not responsible for the content of any other site or for on-going review of other sites. The inclusion of any link to such sites does not imply endorsement by Danone. Your linking to any other sites is at your own risk. Danone encourages you to be aware when you leave the Site and to read the terms and conditions of these third party sites. These Terms and Conditions apply solely to information collected by Danone on this Site. Hyper-linking to this Site, in any manner, is not permitted without Danone's written permission.
- Danone does not represent or warrant that this Site, or any site to which ours is linked, will be accessible or available on a timely basis, or that access to the same will be uninterrupted or error free.
- Danone reserves the right to alter or delete material from the Site at any time. The information published on this Site could include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes are periodically added to the information herein. Danone may make improvements and/or changes in the product(s) described herein at any time.
- Danone may, at any time, revise these Terms and Conditions by updating this posting. You are bound by any such revisions and should, therefore, periodically visit this page to review the current Terms and Conditions. Danone will give reasonable notice to you of any such revisions and seek your acceptance of such revisions where necessary.
- Danone reserves all rights to deny or restrict access to this Site to any particular person, or to block access from a particular Internet address to this Site, at any time, without ascribing any reasons whatsoever.
EXPECTED CODE OF CONDUCT
- We do not control, screen or edit any Content provided by Users that is posted to or from or made available on the Site. However, we reserve the right, but not the obligation, in our sole discretion and for any reason, to pre-screen, edit, refuse to accept or remove or move any Content which has been transmitted to, from, via, or posted on this Site by a User.
- In consideration of Danone using your contribution on the Site, you warrant that your contribution is your own original work, is not defamatory and does not infringe any Singapore laws, that you have the right to give Danone permission to use it, and that you have the consent of anyone who is identifiable in your contribution or the consent of their parent / guardian if they are under the age of 16.
- You are not permitted to use this Site, or any of our services, for any reason or purpose which is unlawful, defamatory, harassing, harmful, abusive, invasive of another’s privacy or generally objectionable under any applicable laws. In particular, you are not permitted to transmit anything which, in our opinion, harms our business or offends other Users.
- Danone has established the following Heart Knows Best Community Rules (the "Community Rules") so that Users can get the most out of the Site. These Community Rules protect all Users by helping to ensure that any participation in our Heart Knows Best Community is safe for everyone.
- DO post in English so your posts are understood by other members and our moderators, as this is a Singapore-based site.
- DO keep all contributions civil, constructive and polite. We do not condone disruptive, offensive or abusive behaviour, such as mean-spirited comments or comments made with the intention of causing trouble. If you use multiple logins for the purpose of disrupting our Heart Knows Best Community or annoying other Users, we may take action against your account(s).
- DO be patient as Users of all ages and abilities may participate in our Heart Knows Best Community. When voicing an opinion, please be sensitive to the circumstances of other Users.
- DO make use of the platforms that are available on this Site in accordance with the guidelines for each platform. As a member of the Heart Knows Best Community, you are able to make use of the three platforms that we have set up especially for you, namely Share Your Wisdom, Cherish the Moments and Deals for Mums. When participating in activities available on these platforms, please ensure that you abide by the rules applicable to each of those platforms. The rules and disclaimers for each of the platforms can be found at the bottom of the respective webpages:
- Share Your Wisdom: www.heartknowsbest.com.sg/qna;
- Cherish the Moments: www.heartknowsbest.com.sg/moments; and
- Deals for Mums: www.heartknowsbest.com.sg/marketplace.
- DO NOT impersonate others or use inappropriate (e.g. vulgar, offensive, etc.) usernames when using the Site.
- DO NOT post unlawful or objectionable Content. Unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexual, racially and religiously offensive or otherwise objectionable material is not acceptable. Repeatedly posting personal or offensive comments about members of the public or companies may be considered harassment. We reserve the right to take action against those responsible or to assist such members of the public or companies in taking action against those responsible.
- DO NOT transmit to, from, via or post on this Site any material containing software viruses or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files designed to damage or disrupt the good working order of any computer or telecommunications equipment. You are not permitted to do anything which may disrupt in any way the operation, or the use and enjoyment, of this Site and our services.
- The items listed on this website are the sole responsibility of the seller. Dumex will not accept any responsibility for listings, interactions, or transactions between sellers and buyers, or anything pertaining to, or as the result of a potential, or actual sale on this website. This page serves solely as a platform to connect sellers and buyers. As such, Dumex reserves the right to reject any further responsibility other than that of maintaining their platform.
- Sellers and buyers should conduct themselves with authenticity on this website, to be fair and just to all other parties involved. If Dumex believes a seller or buyer is not conducting themselves, and their practices in an authentic, just manner, items, and the respective accounts may be subject to a range of actions, including, but not limited to suspension.
- Dumex strictly does not support the sale or promotion of infant formulas from 0-6 months and other milk brands on our website. Parties discussing, posting, attempting to sell such items on this website may be subject to a range of actions, including, but not limited to, removal by admin, and suspension.
COMMUNITY MODERATION AND FEEDBACK
- Danone will have a team of advisors and moderators who will participate in our Heart Knows Best Community discussions.
- Our advisors may occasionally join the Heart Knows Best Community discussions to help to ensure that you get the right information concerning the discussion topics. However, as stated above, Danone cannot guarantee and is not responsible for the Content provided on the Site.
- Our moderators may, from time to time, post messages, intervene, edit or delete messages to moderate the discussions in our Heart Knows Best Community.
- We welcome all feedback that are in line with the above Community Rules.
CONSEQUENCES OF BREACHING OUR EXPECTED CODE OF CONDUCT
- We will send you a warning e-mail if you fail to abide by our Expected Code of Conduct.
- This warning e-mail will inform you of the reasons for the removal of your post, and will notify you that continuing to break the Heart Knows Best Community Rules may result in action being taken against your account(s).
- This action may include your account(s) being placed into pre-moderation, or a temporary or permanent suspension of your ability to participate in any or all of our Heart Knows Best Community areas.
GENERAL DISCLAIMER AND WARNING
- Heart Knows Best Community discussions may include comments by members about infant milk and bottle-feeding. Any opinions expressed are from individuals using the Site and are in no way connected to Danone.
- Please exercise caution when interacting with other Users, as anyone with access to the Internet can use the Site. Think twice when giving out any personal information, such as your name, address, telephone number, mobile number, private email address, picture etc. Be cautious when meeting someone you have only been in touch with online. If you would like to meet them, meet them in a public place in daytime. For your own safety, tell someone where you will be going and when, or take someone with you at least for your first meeting.