What is cow’s milk protein allergy (CMPA)?
- CMPA is the second most common food allergy in young Asian children, after egg allergy1. 90% of children allergic to cow’s milk will also react to goat’s milk protein and sheep's milk protein.2
- CMPA is a food allergy where your child’s immune system detects cow’s milk protein (namely whey and casein) as something the body should fight off, triggering an allergic reaction.
- Many children do not outgrow CMPA and conditions persist until adolescences3.
What are the symptoms* of CMPA?
*Symptoms may appear after your child is exposed to cow’s milk protein. Some children may exhibit more than one symptom, but these are the signs you should watch out for. Consult your doctor if you have any medical concerns or for a proper diagnosis.
How can you help to manage your child's CMPA and Diarrhoea?
- The Academy of Medicine, Singapore guidelines4 recommends soy-based formula for children with diagnosed Cow’s Milk Protein Allergy or persistent
diarrhoea for more than 10 days. Always consult your doctor.
- Avoid cow’s milk formulas or any foods that contain cow’s milk such as cream, butter, milk powder and yoghurt.
- Do not dilute your child’s milk feedings during diarrhoea as it compromises your child’s nutrition and will not reduce the duration of diarrhoea5.
- Select a soy-based formula that also contains important nutrients such DHA and AA for brain and eye development and prebiotics for good digestive health.
What is a soy-based formula?
- Dumex Mamil Gold Soy-based formula are lactose and cow’s milk free. It is safe and as nutritious as cow’s milk formula. Studies have shown that there were no differences in growth, mental and language development between cow’s milk fed - children and soy-fed children6.
- Soy is an excellent source of high quality dietary protein as it contains all the essential building blocks, or amino acids, in amounts we need for daily activities. Soy also contains all the essential vitamins and minerals (such as calcium) to support your child's growth and development.
Dumex Mamil® Gold Soy
(1 year onwards)
Soy Origin : USA
U.S.A Protein Isolate
High quality complete U.S.A soy protein isolate that is free of cow’s milk and lactose to support children with special feeding needs. Protein helps support tissue building and growth.
Lcfos: Prebiotics promote the growth of good Bifidus bacteria to help maintain a healthy digestive system.
Important building blocks for development of the brain and eyes
Omega 3 & 6
Precursors of DHA and ARA
Helps support development of strong bones and teeth
Helps support calcium absorption and improves bone strength
An antioxidant that helps protect cells in the body
Helps in physical development
||Mamil Gold Soy
|Price Per Serve
|Prebiotics - FOS (mg)
- Lee A. et al. Asia Pacific Allergy 2003, 3(1), p.3.
- Levy M, et al. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology 2014, 133(2), p.AB107.
- Roehr CC, et al. Clin Exp Allergy 2004;34(10):1534-41.
- Academy of Medicine Singapore – Ministry of Health (2010) Management of Food Allergy
- MacGillivray S, et al. (2013). Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2013
- Andres A, et al. (2012). PEDIATRICS, 2012 : 129(6), pp.1134-1140.