Simple Creamy Fish Soup Recipe
No-added-salt Gluten-free No-added-egg
- 200 ml fish stock (see below)
- 1 level tbsp finely minced fish
- 1/2 small potato, cooked and mashed
- 1 level tbsp carrot, cooked and mashed
- 3 level scoops follow-on-formula (use one suitable for your child's age)
* ingredient for 1 bowl of soup only
Stove or oven method:
Prepare the fish stock by boiling together 3 - 4 large pieces of fish bones with 1 large onion, 3 potatoes, 2 carrots and 3 tomatoes in about 1500 ml water, for 1 hour.
In a small saucepan, cook 200 ml of the fish stock together with the minced fish.
Pour soup into a bowl and add in mashed potato and carrot.
Before serving, stir in follow-on-formula.
Dish out the portion of fish stock for your baby before adding salt and other condiments (e.g. pepper) to the rest of it for family consumption. You can also replace fish bones with chicken bones.
Ask Our Careline
Whatever’s on your mind, we’re here to help