Easy Vegetarian Minestrone Soup Recipe
Gluten-free No-added-salt Vegetarian No-added-egg
- 1/2 small onion
- 1/2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium carrot (50g) peeled and diced
- 1/3 small stick celery (20g) diced
- 1/2 a 400g can of plum tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 500 ml unsalted chicken or vegetable stock
- 50 g baby pasta
- 1/2 bay leaf
- Pinch dried thyme
- 60 g frozen peas
Optional: freshly grated parmesan for serving
Stove or oven method:
Saute the onion and garlic gently in olive oil for 5 minutes.
Add the carrot and celery and cook for a further 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, tomato purée, stock, pasta, bay leaf and thyme.
Bring to the boil and simmer for 6 minutes.
Add the peas, bring back to the simmer and cook for a further 3 minutes.
Remove the bay leaf.
Serve with some grated parmesan.
Ask Our Careline
Whatever’s on your mind, we’re here to help