Dumex Mamil Gold Stage 4: For children aged 3 to 6 years old
As your child turns three and beyond, you will find that a lively explorer has replaced a toddler. Full of energy and wonder, children aged three to six years old are more actively engaged with the world around them and would typically start socializing more (1). Making new friends, playing sports, and creating handicrafts are just some of the milestones in this next exciting phase of growing up.
During these preschool years, it is recommended that you engage your child in more challenging games that will help them further develop communication skills, social and emotional aptitudes like empathy, hand-eye coordination, and self-expression. Some activities that you can try out with your child include:
• Light sports such as cycling with training wheels
• A musical instrument
• Arts and crafts
• Playground equipment (while meeting children around the same age)
• Playdates with children in the same age group
Growing up fast
While each child grows up at their own unique pace, the three to six years old stage is one where you will witness significant development and independence in your little one. Your child undergoes change physically, socially, emotionally, and cognitively. Some key areas you will notice remarkable progress in your growing champion include (2):
A child may easily know thousands of words by five years old, with enough vocabulary to hold a conversation or tell stories.
This is especially important as your child becomes involved in a more physically demanding lifestyle. For example, a primary school child will be required to take part in Physical Education classes which include running and team sports.
• Physical Development
Kids become physically stronger and typically look leaner in this phase as their bones and muscle structures strengthen.
• Cognitive Development
Children begin to understand time concepts like “before and after” and “yesterday, today, and tomorrow”. They will start asking a lot of “why” and “how” questions as an attempt to understand the world around them better.
• Social and emotional development
Children learn how to manage their feelings better in this stage, with the help of self-expression through words and actions.
• Friends become important (3)
• They understand social rules better and can comply with them
• Sensory and motor development
While most two-year-olds can only manage simple actions like kicking a ball or drawing simple strokes with a pencil, most children can dress and undress themselves by age five.
Nutrition tailored for your growing champion
Growing children need the right nutrition in the right amount. As discovered and championed by our team at Dumex, age-appropriate nutrition is key in promoting growth and healthy development in young children. For example, the amount of protein and the number of calories needed for a one-year-old child and a six-year-old child varies (4).
With the amount of growing up taking place in children aged three to six years old, this age group needs enhanced nourishment, different from toddler milk formula. Our solution to this is Dumex Mamil Gold – an advanced range of milk formula tailored to meet the nutritional needs of children in different age groups.
Tailored for your little one
Dumex Mamil Gold Stage 4 is an advanced milk formula tailored to meet the nutritional needs of children aged three to six years old. Our Dumex milk formula contains important nutrients that your preschool-aged child will possibly need while growing up:
• Prebiotics: Dumex Mamil Gold Stage 4 contains a unique prebiotic blend which comprises of galacto-oligosaccharides (GOS) & long chain fructo-oligosaccharides (lcFOS) in a 9 to 1 ratio – a combination which supports good gut health on top of helping your child build natural defences. (5)
• Calcium helps build strong bones and teeth.(6)
• Vitamin D supports calcium absorption as well as helps improve bone strength.(6)
• Vitamin E functions as an antioxidant that helps protect cells and tissues from damage (7).
• Zinc is vital in brain development, on top of helping to maintain the normal functioning of the immune system (8)
Give your child a boost
Dumex Mamil Gold Stage 4 empowers you to enrich your child’s health with a nutrient-packed formula. With no added colouring or sucrose, you can rest assured that your child is on track to grow up well and strong.
Contact us or visit https://www.dumex.com.sg/products for more information on Dumex Mamil Gold Stage 4.
1. Stanborough, R. J. (2019). Ages and Stages: How to Monitor Child Development. Healthline, Retrieved May 25, 2020, from https://www.healthline.com/health/childrens-health/stages-of-child-development
2. Healthlink British Columbia (2019). Growth and Development, Ages 2 to 5 Years. Retrieved May 24, 2020, from https://www.healthlinkbc.ca/health-topics/ta3612
3. American Psychological Association (2017). Cognitive and Social Skills to Expect From 3 to 5 Years. Retrieved May 26, 2020, from https://www.apa.org/act/resources/fact-sheets/development-5-years
4. Mayo Clinic (2020). Nutrition for Kids: Guidelines for a Healthy Diet. Retrieved May 26, 2020, from https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/childrens-health/in-depth/nutrition-for-kids/art-20049335
5. Arslanoglu et al. 2008. Journal of Nutrition, 138.1091-1095.
6. Moreno MA, Furtner F, Rivara FP. (2012). Vitamin D and Bone Health. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2012;166(7):684.
7. Gavin, M. L. (2014). Vitamins. KidsHealth. Retrieved May 26, 2020, from https://kidshealth.org/en/kids/vitamin.html
8. WebMD (2002). Zinc Helps Kids Grow. Retrieved May 25, 2020, from https://www.webmd.com/children/news/20020524/zinc-helps-kids-grow#1
Ask Our Careline
Whatever’s on your mind, we’re here to help