Cream of Mushroom Soup
No-added-salt Vegetarian No-added-egg
- 25 g margarine
- 15g plain flour
- 600 ml milk or toddler's usual formula
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 110 g mushrooms, finely chopped
- 15 ml tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- Pinch of pepper to taste
*makes 4 servings
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 pieces of bay leaves (optional)
- 200 ml stock
- Dash of ground black pepper
- Pinch of salt
- Cornstarch solution for thickening (mix 1 tsp corn flour with 1 tbsp water)
Stove or oven method:
Place all ingredients except parsley into a pan.
Whisk continuously over a moderate heat. Bring to gentle boil while whisking continuously.
Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Taste and season.
Remove from heat.
Add parsley, purée and serve.
This recipe is suitable for freezing. Simply defrost and heat as required.
FREE Dumex Mamil® Gold Stage 3
- Higher* in Immunity^ Nutrients
- DHA as high as 75mg per 100g>
- Naturally Sourced. No GMO and colourings
FREE Dumex Dugro® Stage 3
- Higher* DHA & Calcim
- As low as $1
- Sucrose Free
Ask Our Careline
Whatever’s on your mind, we’re here to help