Thai Vermicelli Salad Recipe
Gluten-free No-added-salt No-added-egg Dairy-free
- 250 g vermicelli, soaked, boiled and drained
- 20 fishballs, cut into small pieces
- 70 g dried prawns, cut into small pieces
- 75 g shallots, chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, chopped finely
- 2 tbsp oil
- Vegetable garnishes
- 1 medium carrot, sliced thinly
- 1 large onion, sliced thinly
- 1 red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 yellow or green pepper - cut into thin strips
- 1/2 medium lettuce, sliced thinly
- 3 - 4 stalks of cilantro
- Chinese parsley or spring onion, cut into 1 cm pieces
- 70 ml lime juice
- 6 tsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 80 g peanuts (roasted and ground)
Stove or oven method:
In a non-stick wok, heat oil. Add chopped shallots and garlic and fry until fragrant. Set aside.
Add dried prawns and fishballs; fry for 1-2 minutes. Add friend shallots and garlic and mix well. Turn off the fire.
Add drained vermicelli, followed by the vegetable garnishes and seasonings. Mix well.
Top with ground peanuts and serve immediately. Alternatively, chill it in the refrigerator for a refreshing cool treat.
Your child will love this popular sweet and sour Thai salad that can be served either hot or cold. Peppers or Capsicums are rich in vitamin C, beta-carotene, lutein, B-vitamins and other essential nutrients. They also contain capsaicin, a powerful compound that besides giving peppers the 'bite', also functions as an antioxedant and pain-reliever.
FREE Dumex Mamil® Gold Stage 3
- Higher* in Immunity^ Nutrients
- DHA as high as 75mg per 100g>
- Naturally Sourced. No GMO and colourings
FREE Dumex Dugro® Stage 3
- Higher* DHA & Calcim
- As low as $1
- Sucrose Free
Ask Our Careline
Whatever’s on your mind, we’re here to help