Why You Need To Find 'Me Time' For Yourself as a Mom
There are lots of reasons why getting some 'me-time' is a good idea.
- Just getting an hour's break from being a mom will really help you recharge your batteries.
- You'll get a chance to do the things you loved doing before your baby arrived!
- Using the time to meet other adults and chatting to them can do a world of good. Sometimes conversation is far better than making baby sounds all day!
- A little time to relax means you'll return to your baby refreshed and enthusiastic.
So utilise your friends and family to help you out. Plan the time you have and do the things you really need or want to. From enjoying a long quiet soak in the bathtub to going to the gym or having a good old pampering, it's important you take time out.
Meet other mums and adults
It's always helpful to talk to people who are going through the same things as you. You can share worries, stories, or decide to talk about anything but babies! So try and meet some new people. It's not as hard as it sounds – there are plenty of places you can socialise with other new moms nowadays, for instance:
- Try a mum and baby group, such as a baby swimming or music class or postnatal group. These are a fun way to keep your baby active, get you out of the house and meet other new parents. Local mum and baby groups are often hosted in community centres or by volunteers. Or you could find out if your area has a children's centre. Just go along and get involved!
- Get in touch with other mums you met in your antenatal class or maternity ward. It's more than likely that they'd enjoy the company too!
- Want to meet other people who know exactly what you're going through? Dumex's Heart Knows Best is a great place to chat if you can't get out and between them our mums have heaps of experience to share about motherhood – from useful everyday tips to friendly reassurance.
Get some help
Use your friends and family to help you out. Plan the time you have and do the things you really need or want to. From enjoying a long quiet soak to going to the gym or having a good old pampering, it's important you take time out.
Leaving the house without your baby doesn't have to be limited to just you either. Lots of new mums miss the time they spent with their partner when it was just the two of them and that's perfectly normal too.
So if you've got a trusted family member or friend who can watch your baby, spending a little time as a couple can be a welcome break for you both.
Disclaimer: All content on this Website is provided solely for informational purposes and is not intended as a substitute for medical and/or other professional advice for your specific condition. Please do not disregard medical and/or other professional advice or delay seeking it because of something you have read on this Website. Always seek medical advice before starting any new treatments.
Ask Our Careline
Whatever’s on your mind, we’re here to help
Mothers in Singapore place greater confidence and trust in the Dumex Dugro® brand that they choose.