Is Milk Still Important For My Toddler?
Milk is still an important part of your growing toddler’s diet. Although they'll now probably be eating three meals a day, milk still has lots of important nutrients essential to support their growth and development. As a guideline, they'll need a minimum of 350 ml (just over half a pint) of milk, divided into drinks, cereal and cooking, on top of the other dairy products they eat each day. The maximum they should have is 600ml (just over a pint), so they don’t fill up too much.
Growing Up Milk Formula is nutritionally superior to cows’ milk. It is enriched with vitamin D and iron. It is suitable from 12 months to 3 years to complement your toddler's diet.
Tips to get milk into your toddler’s diet
Lots of toddlers go through a fussy-eating phase, especially when it comes to milk. But as a mum, you have permission to be sneaky! Here are some ideas to get milk and dairy into your toddler’s diet:
- Add some milkshake mix to milk and call it 'strawberry juice'.
- Give them a change of beaker or an exciting cup to use especially for milk to make it fun.
- Try changing the way they have their milk – if your toddler usually has cold milk, try warming it up or vice versa.
- Use warm milk as part of their bedtime routine. Sit together as part of your quiet time before bed – your toddler with a cup of warm milk and you with a cup of tea.
- Offer a milky but tempting bowl of cereal and cereal or try porridge to start their day.
- Use other foods which you’ve added milk to, like mashed potato, pancakes or custard.
Use other dairy foods
- Use cheese – try a cheese sauce on top of vegetables, as a sauce for pasta like macaroni cheese or a cheese sandwich
- Try a healthy yogurt as a snack
- Give your toddler dairy for dessert; offer frozen yogurt, ice cream, rice pudding or semolina.
Disclaimer: All content on this Website is provided solely for informational purposes and is not intended as a substitute for medical and/or other professional advice for your specific condition. Please do not disregard medical and/or other professional advice or delay seeking it because of something you have read on this Website. Always seek medical advice before starting any new treatments.
FREE Dumex Mamil® Gold Stage 3
- Higher* in Immunity^ Nutrients
- DHA as high as 75mg per 100g>
- Naturally Sourced. No GMO and colourings
FREE Dumex Dugro® Stage 3
- Higher* DHA & Calcim
- As low as $1
- Sucrose Free
Ask Our Careline
Whatever’s on your mind, we’re here to help