No-added-salt Vegetarian No-added-egg
- 450 g asparagus
- 25 g butter
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 slightly rounded tbsp plain flour
- 500 ml hot chicken stock (or vegetable stock)
- 75 ml double cream (like thickening cream)
- Salt and freshly grounded black pepper
Stove or oven method:
Slice tips from asparagus. Blanch in salted boiling water for 1 minute. Drain and reserve for garnishing.
Discard the tough, stringy white ends of the stalks. Chop the green parts into 2.5 cm lengths.
Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat and cook the onion for 5 minutes.
Add in asparagus and sweat for about 10 minutes with lid on. Stir occasionally.
Add in flour and stir again to soak up the juices.
Add in hot chicken stock, a little at a time, stirring after each addition.
Bring it to simmering point, season with salt and black pepper.
Simmer the soup under low heat for 20-25 minutes, partially covered.
Let the soup cool a little and purée in a blender in batches.
Adjust seasoning if necessary.
Stir in cream and re-heat gentlely for 3-4 minutes.
FREE Dumex Mamil® Gold Stage 3
- Higher* in Immunity^ Nutrients
- DHA as high as 75mg per 100g>
- Naturally Sourced. No GMO and colourings
FREE Dumex Dugro® Stage 3
- Higher* DHA & Calcim
- As low as $1
- Sucrose Free
Ask Our Careline
Whatever’s on your mind, we’re here to help