Balancing The Relationships In Your Family
During the first few months, looking after your baby can feel more demanding than a full-time job! With all the feeds and nappy changes (not to mention endless cuddles!), your time and attention will naturally be focused on your newborn. It’s easy to let the relationship with your partner slide, but there are lots of ways keep everyone happy.
How to keep the spark with your partner
Here are a few tips to help keep the relationship between you and your partner alive and well:
- Talk! – Telling each other how you feel can help ease any growing tension between you. Try to talk about something other than the baby occasionally, so it doesn’t become the only connection between you.
- Get him involved – it will stop him feeling left out and take the pressure off you too. After spending 9 months sharing in your excitement, lots of partners want to keep on sharing the responsibility of looking after your baby. Why not share feeds? Or look at some of the other ways that dads can help.
- Make time for each other and do something together – whether it’s sitting down to a nice meal, or just having a kiss and a cuddle – it’s not only your baby who likes to feel close to you!
It’s important that your child gets quality time with you or your partner. In fact your partner could have special fun days out with them, which will help them feel special. And if your child starts behaving like a baby, remind them of the fun things they can do because they’re older. Like all things to do with children and babies remember to be patient, take things one day at a time!
Although it might take a little while to get used to a new member of the family, the relationship won’t always be difficult and your older child will no doubt soon learn to love having someone new to play with!
Disclaimer: All content on this Website is provided solely for informational purposes and is not intended as a substitute for medical and/or other professional advice for your specific condition. Please do not disregard medical and/or other professional advice or delay seeking it because of something you have read on this Website. Always seek medical advice before starting any new treatments.
FREE Dumex Mamil® Gold Stage 3
- Higher* in Immunity^ Nutrients
- DHA as high as 75mg per 100g>
- Naturally Sourced. No GMO and colourings
FREE Dumex Dugro® Stage 3
- Higher* DHA & Calcim
- As low as $1
- Sucrose Free
Ask Our Careline
Whatever’s on your mind, we’re here to help