How to Safely Prepare Dumex Mamil Gold Milk Formula
Transitioning your child to a new milk formula takes gradual adjustment. If you’re thinking of switching between different brands and transitioning to Dumex Mamil Gold, here’s our guide on getting started.
For children aged one to three years old switching to Dumex Mamil Gold Stage 3, we recommend following the guide below:
• Day 1 to 3: Out of their four daily feeds, only the third feed should be Dumex Mamil Gold Stage 3. The other three feeds should be the existing milk formula
• Day 4 to 6: The second and third feed can be Dumex Mamil Gold
• Day 7 to 10: Only the first feed should be the existing milk formula
• From Day 11: You can fully switch to Dumex Mamil Gold for all feeds
For children switching to Dumex Mamil Gold Stage 4 and Dumex Mamil Gold Stage 5, follow this guide instead:
• Day 1 to 3: The first feed should be their existing milk formula, while the second feed should be Dumex Mamil Gold
• Day 4 to 6: You can start feeding your child Dumex Mamil Gold fully from Day 4 onwards
Safe preparation of Dumex Mamil Gold for your little one Hygiene is a priority when it comes to feeding your child. As their immune systems are not as fully developed as an adult’s, they are more prone to infections. Care should be taken to ensure that the milk formula you feed your child is prepared safely.
1. Sterilize your feeding equipment It is vital to clean and rinse the feeding utensils right after every feed and before sterilisation
2. You can clean your feeding gear by following the steps below:
• Firstly, wash your hands with soap and dry them with a clean towel
• Next, check the feeding utensils for cracks. Discard any damaged feeding utensils as bacteria can thrive in the cracks
• Wash your feeding equipment in hot and soapy water
• Use a brush to scrub the insides of the feeding equipment. Take care to clean the caps and screw top areas also
• Rinse everything else thoroughly
Once you have cleaned your feeding gear, sterilize them using one of the methods below:
• Steam sterilizers are automatic appliances which use high temperature to kill bacteria in your equipment. Simply place your equipment in the unit, add in the amount of water indicated, and flick on the switch.
• Boiling your feeding equipment is the easiest and among the most reliable ways to sterilize. Simply submerge your equipment in a pot of water and bring it to boil on the stove for ten minutes.
• Cold-water sterilizing solution disinfects your feeding gear with chemicals. Prepare the sterilizing solution by following the manufacturer’s instructions and soak them in a container of it for the recommended amount of time.
Ensure that there are no bubbles trapped inside the feeding equipment
2. Preparing the feed When preparing a feed, you should use freshly boiled water to ensure that harmful bacteria are killed. Leave the boiled water to cool down for about 30 minutes before adding in the milk formula. We do not recommend using bottled water because it is not sterile. Furthermore, bottled mineral water may contain too much sulphate or salt which can be harmful to your little one.
Here are some simple steps you can follow when preparing Dumex Mamil Gold milk for your little champ:
• Step 1: Wash your hands thoroughly with clean running water and soap
• Step 2: Wash and then boil your cleaned cup or feeding equipment in drinking water for 10 minutes
• Step 3: Boil drinking water separately for 5 minutes. Let it cool until 40 °C.
• Step 4: Pour the correct amount of water boiled in Step 3 into your cup or feeding equipment.
• Step 5: Add the right number of scoops of your Dumex Mamil Gold formula.
• Step 6: Stir well before drinkingNutrition tailored for every stage With a suite of nutrients tailored for every stage of your child’s growing up, Dumex Mamil Gold supports your child’s growth and development.
• Dumex Mamil Gold Stage 3: For kids aged 1 to 3 years old
• Dumex Mamil Gold Stage 4: For children aged 3 to 6 years old
• Dumex Mamil Gold Stage 5: For children aged 6 years old and above
From a unique prebiotics blend of GOS/IcFOS in a 9:1 ratio, to Calcium and DHA, you will find the essential nutrients for your child to grow up well.
Get your free sample or visit https://www.dumex.com.sg/products today for more information.
1. Active Health (2020). Are Children’s Immune Systems Stronger than Adults? Retrieved June 30, 2020, from https://activehlth.com/childrens-immune-systems/
2. Raising Children (2020). Bottle-feeding: cleaning and sterilising equipment.
3. NHS (2019). Sterilising baby bottles. Retrieved July 1, 2020, from https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/pregnancy-and-baby/sterilising-bottles/
4. Safefood (2016). How to prepare your baby's bottle. Retrieved July 1, 2020, from https://www.safefood.eu/Publications/Consumer-information/How-to-prepare-your-baby-s-bottle.aspx
Ask Our Careline
Whatever’s on your mind, we’re here to help